Oregon State University
B.S. - Computer Science (~2022)
Coursework: Intro to Computer Science I & II, Discrete Mathematics, Computer Architecture & Assembly Language, Data Structures
J.D. - 2009
University of Florida
B.A., Political Science, Mass Communications (minor), with honors
Bush Health Law, PLLC - Seattle, WA
Healthcare and Data Privacy Counsel
• Advised variety of health industry clients on data privacy and healthcare matters.
• Successfully counseled mid-sized clinical research CRO through ground-up development of GDPR compliance program.
• Successfully negotiated migration of EMR system for multi-center clinical practice.
• Guided clients through data breach, HIPAA, and digital medical records issues.
(Additional legal experience available, upon request.)
• Python (Anaconda, Pandas, Plotly)
• Linux (Debian/Ubuntu)
• HTML, CSS
• Git & Github
• MASM Assembly for x86 machines
Bush, J.F. An Overview of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) for Clinical Research Organizations. (2019). SOCRA Source.
Bush, J.F. GDPR: HIPAA Compliance May no Longer be Enough. (2019). Florida Bar Health Law Section Newsletter.
Thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2014 (Georgia to Maine)